[REQUEST] iPhone 8 Plus Grey Corner on Old + New Displays

Appletax

Reaction score
Customer's iPhone 8 Plus' front camera wasn't working. Replaced it and it worked once. After re-assembling, I discovered the lower right corner LEDs appeared dead. Replaced the screen. Same exact issue.

Only found one possible solution, which is beyond my skills:

"Solved: if you have done the repair after disconnecting the battery and you still have a black corner then disconnect the battery once more slightly heat the board with hot air where the ic chips lay and your problem should be gone. Happened to me loads recently and this fixed everytime!"

4YqqJBO.jpg

tsRTRW4

Make sure that the screen connectors are straight and not bent. Since around the iPhone 6 the connectors are so thin they have a tendency to bend. Most of the time you can bend them back straight, easily. If you want (with the battery removed) dip a tooth brush in some alcohol, shake it briefly so it’s damp (not sopping wet) and gently rub it in a circular motion across the connector socket on the logic board to clean it up while you’re at it. finally, after you finish putting everything back together, don’t immediately turn it on. Instead do a hard reset (hold power and home button until Apple logo comes up).

EDIT: one more thing, make sure there is no loose screws or matter buldging in that bottom right corner that might be putting pressure on the screen. Be sure to check both on the screen side and the enclosure side.

Last edited:
Back