iPhone 5s Continuous Reboot after screen replacement

stevieb

Reaction score
I have a friend's iphone that I replaced the screen on. It had been cracked but the phone was functional. I replaced the screen and turned on to verify screen was working properly. It did, so I powered down and plugged in home button cable and turned back on. This time it went into a continuous reboot with apple logo. I've tried several thing since to get out of the reboot:
-placed old screen back on
-unplugged home button
I've tried to both update and restore phone and get a "unknown error has occured" (9). This occurs when iTunes states it's waiting on iPhone and the screen shows the logo with a white progress bar below that never seems to move. Research shows possible usb issue. I was using 3rd party cord so i bought an apple oem cable with same result. I'm using Windows 7 desktop with the latest iTunes installed.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've replaced many screens and have not seen this before. I know it's not an issue with physical damaged from wrong screws hitting the motherboard as I have not put the screws back in yet.

I have unplugged trying to reset but I can't remember for sure if it was done when i first began work.

I believe you have borked the board sir, I've had this happen to an iPhone 5s and there is no fixing it. I had one and I swear I did everything right, spent hours trying to get it to stop the reboot loop to no avail. Like you I had done many before that and never seen this issue, but it does happen.

Back