[SOLVED] Imac Late 2009 21" lots of issues after power cut

TECCS

Reaction score
So I do a bit with Macs, but not lots of stuff.

I took in an Imac late 2009 there had been a power cut and power restored while plugged in.

I can get it to start intermittantly after unplugging holding power button for 5 secs plugging in and pressing power button again. however the power suply sounds crackily

It then boots fine except the fans on full speed all the time (tried SSD Fan control to solve this with no luck).

Then I ran tech tools pro and ran all the tests. they run fine except for the sensor tests which won't even start.

Not sure where to go from here guys

Help please

...however the power suply sounds crackily...

It's toast. Turn it off, and don't turn it on again unless you have excellent fire insurance.

Then congratulate your client on keeping it alive for eight years, and offer to migrate his or her data to a new one. (Pop the HDD to do that - you really don't want to power this up again.)

It's toast. Turn it off, and don't turn it on again unless you have excellent fire insurance.

Then congratulate your client on keeping it alive for eight years, and offer to migrate his or her data to a new one. (Pop the HDD to do that - you really don't want to power this up again.)

Thank you. i thought it was bad. I do have excelent insurance but i don't want to test it.

Well after talking to them some more they are having the data recovered and then claiming on the insurance due to the problem being due rto a power cut so they have asked me to do an insurance letter

Back