[REQUEST] ideapad 3-15ITL6 screen very dim, external fine, swapped with new lcd still dim

ell

Reaction score
Anybody had any issues with ideapad 3-15ITL6
with dim screens. So annoying, perfect on external so a purchased a new lcd and its still dim, doubt its the connector or cable because moving the screen does nothing when moved. There is a slight flicker however. Customer claims cat walked on it. Graphics chip damaged? I swapped the memory and pulled the cmos battery too.

Last edited:
Somebody has to say it.

Have you tried turning the brightness up from the keyboard? Cats love turning the brightness down.
Oh yes and it seems now to be getting worse total black, having trouble hooking up an external to it too now rats I hate it when I have to tell the customer I failed 😑

Somebody has to say it.

Have you tried turning the brightness up from the keyboard? Cats love turning the brightness down.
Reminds me of back in the day when Toshiba's had a volume control wheel on the side of most of their laptops. The only OEM who did that. The amazement on customer's faces was a joy to see. Especially after they'd spent a couple of hours on the phone with Toshiba support.

Reminds me of back in the day when Toshiba's had a volume control wheel on the side of most of their laptops. The only OEM who did that. The amazement on customer's faces was a joy to see. Especially after they'd spent a couple of hours on the phone with Toshiba support.
I loved my old Satellite, the screen was so heavy the hinges eventually collasped, I improvised with a couple of these and people thought it was so cool 🤣
61zUMZQiDWL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Could it possibly be the keyboard/palmrest assembly? I'm not going to order one but anybody have one cause black screen before?

How would that affect the external video? It’s obviously a bad motherboard.
I was just doing some random Google searches for causes and a couple of them said keyboard caused black screen cuz when they disconnected the keyboard it worked with a USB one. yeah I agree it's got to be the motherboard, Just curious if anybody could confirm that.

Technically it might be possible. But highly unlikely. Once video is gone and not coming back it's a chipset/cabling issue.

Reactions: ell
Technically it might be possible. But highly unlikely. Once video is gone and not coming back it's a chipset/cabling issue.
I disconnected the lcd connector to try and force the external back, to check if it's a cable issue, still black so I guess the chip is toast 😒

Back