[REQUEST] I Wonder If They Still Work?

Win 3.11 and DOS 6.22 are lightning fast on Pentium class computers
I must admit, now that I think about it the fastest computer I've used Windows 3.11 on is a 486DX. I'm pretty sure it was the 33Mhz model. Damn, it feels like forever ago. I was 7 years old lol. I also had a touch screen 386 laptop with a monochrome display that ran 3.11.

Win 3.11 and DOS 6.22 are lightning fast on Pentium class computers, now you need copys of Xtree Gold and Wordperfect to go with them :)

The last DOS computers I used in an office setting (up until about 2 years after Windows was released if I recall correctly) were damned fast. The biggest user complaint we had after moving to Windows units were that they seemed so SLOW.

And Supercalc with the Silverado option

When you start to see computer stuff you have used in a museum then you are vintage ;)
About 5 years ago when the Portazip tape punch and reader at work finaly died of old age, I donated the remaining stock of paper tape to The National Museum of Computing at Bletchley Park.
They were very grateful and my wife and I were given free tickets :)
The tape that I gave them was 8 hole, what they also need is the 5 hole stufff as that is what the Colossus uses.

Anyone here tried MS-DOS 7.1?

Who remembers
00cover.jpg
Bob was also on the XP CD as Microsoft used it for a different purpose :)

Last edited:
Can't remember if it was Office or Windows, in the mid to late 90s, installer was on (23) 3.5" floppies!

Office 97 was on 45 or 55 (pro) floppies. Windows 95 has 2 versions (for floppies) 13 or 21 disks :)
I presume the different numbers of floppy were 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 ?
I somehow skipped 8" and 5 1/4, going from Hollerith cards to 3 1/2 :)

I presume the different numbers of floppy were 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 ?
I somehow skipped 8" and 5 1/4, going from Hollerith cards to 3 1/2 :)
Nope, I think 3"1/2 only but many versions: Office pro & "home", Windows 95 full & upgrade...

Back