I think I need a short road trip again.

I'm thinking about packing my ebike up in the van and doing another couple of weeks on the road in the south. I enjoyed my fall trip through Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama/Florida that I'd like to do it again but in the southwest.

I was at a Buc-EEs last week - heh! Even stayed the night! I was at the west Ft. Worth, TX location. It is everything they say it is. Huge! 48 gas pumps at this one. The men's bathroom is bigger than most convenience stores. 24 urinals. A dozen toilet stalls in their own little rooms. Immaculate.

Petrol station food looks the same all over the world...yuk.
They have an on-site bakery which I got half a dozen chocolate chip cookies and they were excellent and the breakfast burrito I got the next morning was great. Even though my van has a refrigerator I bought a "small" bag of ice (for drinks). It was 12 pounds and cost 99 cents. Walmarts usually sell their small 7 lb. bag for $2. Gas was the cheapest I'd seen also ($2.84/gal regular). ...and as @Larry Sabo mentioned the photos say it much better than I can when it comes to taking care of your business. ...and then there's food photos.....

Last edited:
All I can say is that, at least for one thing in the video, my reaction is, "Mmmmmmmmm . . . brisket!"

I definitely would not have ever thought to stop at a Buc-EEs if I had a sudden craving for a brisket sandwich, but now . . .

Stopped at a Buc-ees ...probably South Carolina I think, about 6 weeks ago. Was a packed circus....I figured walking through there I'd catch the covid about 20x times over.

Got a brisket sammy and some beer for the rest stop....a little petro...and continued on.

I came home a couple weeks too early. On our third snowstorm here while it's in the 90s in parts of Texas...... :mad:

Back