I bet replacing this screen would be a nighmare

Galdorf

Reaction score
Wow this is alot of screen..
Mi-MIX-Alpha_06-1024x768.jpg

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...hone-has-display-on-the-front-sides-and-back/

Last edited:
Computer prices keep going down, smartphone prices keep going up. Doesn't anyone else see a problem with this? What a messed up world we live in.

It's like the pricing of cars going down to about production cost while the price of bicycles soars past what cars used to be. Who the f*ck spends more on a bicycle than a car? I guess the same type of person that spends $1,000+ on a phone but buys a $300 computer from Walmart.

Computer prices keep going down, smartphone prices keep going up. Doesn't anyone else see a problem with this? What a messed up world we live in.
Two words: Status symbol.

You can't take a computer out with you and show it off (ok, not entirely true). Nobody who buys the very latest, most expensive smartphone really 'needs' it; it's just that they know that everyone else knows how expensive it was. With the exception of technophiles and gadget freaks, who are probably more likely to keep the thing tucked away or at home rather than show it off, most of the people who buy the latest and greatest smartphones will probably never use half of the features.

Last edited:
Two words: Status symbol.

You can't take a computer out with you and show it off (ok, not entirely true). Nobody who buys the very latest, most expensive smartphone really 'needs' it; it's just that they know that everyone else knows how expensive it was.

For Apple I'll buy that, but neither Samsung and certainly no Chinese knockoff brand are status symbols.

For Apple I'll buy that, but neither Samsung and certainly no Chinese knockoff brand are status symbols.
Apple certainly. But I think it still applies if it's new and expensive, regardless of the make or country of origin. Some people just like to be seen to have the very latest tech. Most of them won't use half of the features so why else would they buy something like this other for bragging rights?

Apple certainly. But I think it still applies if it's new and expensive, regardless of the make or country of origin. Some people just like to be seen to have the very latest tech. Most of them won't use half of the features so why else would they buy something like this other for bragging rights?

I have some clients that just always want the very best, even if they only use 10% of the power or storage capacity. Had a lady in a few months back insist that I install "the biggest solid state drive available." She had less than 10GB of data. Sold her a 4TB SSD. I recommended against it, but sometimes you just have to give clients what they want. She said that she just doesn't want to ever have to think about running out of space for a few years. I told her it was way overkill but she didn't care.

People like that do exist, and that's why Apple is able to sell a $1,550 smartphone. Still, I doubt even that lady would buy the Chinese brand $2,500 all screen smartphone. She'd probably buy the $1,550 iPhone though. I have no idea what phone she used.

Back