Humor Section!

19476_video-game-violence.jpg

Only in Bullhead City, Arizona

Not really. I have seen all sorts of "creative placements" where bathrooms were added where none were ever intended to be.

My partner has a former warehouse building where, up on the third floor which is now a woodshop, is a hole in the floor with a pipe under it that appears to be for a toilet. No evidence of a toilet having been there at any point in the past, but since the building was constructed in 1901 who knows when a toilet may have been there or been removed.

In what had been my father's family homestead a bathroom was put in where what had once been the pantry had been. Mind you, it had a far more standard bathtub, toilet, and sink arrangement, but the cupboard on the side of the room opposite the bathtub was clearly not something that would ever have been built into any bathroom designed as a bathroom.

Not really. I have seen all sorts of "creative placements" where bathrooms were added where none were ever intended to be.

My partner has a former warehouse building where, up on the third floor which is now a woodshop, is a hole in the floor with a pipe under it that appears to be for a toilet. No evidence of a toilet having been there at any point in the past, but since the building was constructed in 1901 who knows when a toilet may have been there or been removed.

In what had been my father's family homestead a bathroom was put in where what had once been the pantry had been. Mind you, it had a far more standard bathtub, toilet, and sink arrangement, but the cupboard on the side of the room opposite the bathtub was clearly not something that would ever have been built into any bathroom designed as a bathroom.
Of course it happens in other places. Only doesn't just mean "strictly in". The word has a few meanings..... lol

My ex-husband's aunt used an outhouse all her life. For her birthday one year, the family decided to put a toilet in for her so she didn't have to go outside in Winter. Guess what she did........ she put dirt in it and planted flowers....... lmao!!!

Only doesn't just mean "strictly in".

I knew what you meant, believe me. The convention, "Only in . . .," is older than I am.

I was just noting that, in this case, "Only in . . . ," is probably less "only in" than anyone might think. Some of the things I saw when living in economically depressed Western PA after the collapse of coal and steel when people got creative were remarkably similar!

Back