[REQUEST] HP L7780 ADF

smuck

Reaction score
Had to dismantle my HP L7780 to clean up an ink spill. Reassembled and have one wire bundled with ADF that I cannot figure out where it goes. Wire has red, yellow, and green wires. Pic attached.

Smuck

Attachments

• HP Officejet Pro L7780 ADF pic.jpg
    HP Officejet Pro L7780 ADF pic.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 12
It's for those working for, running or looking to start an IT service business

And I'll say it again, TechNibble could very easily put a "qualification filter," even if it's just a rough one, in as part of the sign-up process, and it's insane that they don't.

The amount of time spent hailing @Kitten Kong that could easily be avoided is just immense. Stop the darned registration and point the prospective member elsewhere when they answer any one of the questions asked that is a rule-in/rule-out criterion with the rule-out answer. That or use the very common convention of "first message moderated" status for any new member, so that an initial human review happens by forum administration before the very first post goes out.

Sorry, lost here.. what is all this noise?
We're holding back on providing useful information until you've provided some yourself - in this case, an introductory post which gives enough detail to convince our administrator that you're eligible for membership. Right now it's not clear whether you are.

Brian's point that an alternative sign-up procedure might have avoided this situation is valid, but that's not currently how we do things around here. Some of us like the more human (or feline) approach.

If you prefer, we can cut to the chase: the L7700 series printers are cheap disposables for which there is no readily available service manual. Your best option is to strip it down again while it's still relatively fresh in your memory in the hope that you can find or remember where that plug goes. Other options include taking it to a professional technician, living without the ADF, or buying a better printer.

And next time take photographs as you're tearing it down, not after you've broken it.

Had to dismantle my HP L7780 to clean up an ink spill. Reassembled and have one wire bundled with ADF that I cannot figure out where it goes. Wire has red, yellow, and green wires. Pic attached.

Smuck
FOUND WHERE THIS WIRE GROUP GOES.. PIC ATTACHED.
Smuck

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 2
I would take it that you have not provided answers to @Kitten Kong's detailed questions, so he can make a decision on your eligibility for membership.

"until I receive answers, and make my decision on membership."

Back