Help choose our new logo

Poetik92

Reaction score
Started a logo contest over at Designcloud.com to get a new logo before redoing my website, printed materials and adding it to all brand-able software. All of the best logos can be found here. I'd really appreciate all feedback as the contest has a few more days and new designs have stopped coming in. The one below is my personal favorite currently.
New Logo.jpg

Those six are the best? TBH, I don't feel more than a "meh" from any of them. My vote is to keep looking.

Most are quite basic and dated looking. If someone had said "Here are the logos I considered 15 years ago!", I'd believe it.

The two cartoony ones are mildy interesting, but neither will age well nor be good candidates for embroidered shirts and the like.

yes they are sadly, I've considered giving fiverr a shot but its always gotten me even more generic logos than those. I spoke with a nearby graphic design business but their quote was $1200 which is way more than what i can afford to pay/am willing to pay currently

If you want a GOOD logo done on the cheap, go to some Internet Marketing forums like WickedFire or DigitalPoint. I got my logo designed for $35 and I've used it for many years. It's probably time for an update now, but I'm not going to go to Fiverr or some expensive local design company. I'm going back to WickedFire.

Actually received a new design that I do like quite a bit
87869_11212179_2114491_0d0d61d1_image.jpg

Your logo needs to be something that scales. It needs to be simple so it looks good on a giant banner or on a small business card. It needs to invoke the name of your business or your geographic area as your name takes that. What is unique about the tri-county area of Maryland that you can make into a logo? Also, you need to keep your client base in mind. What seems cool to a young kid doesn't mean nothing for 50 year old businessmen who are looking for someone to manage their network and server.

Last edited:
No, no and no. A logo is supposed to be simple. 1's and 0's on the font? Are you kidding me? Most of the time the logo is going to be small (like on a business card or flier), or even on your website. Your font should be able to stand on it's own. It should be interesting all by itself. If you want to add a little icon to your logo, that's fine too. But try to incorporate it with the font and the text. And above all, it should look PROFESSIONAL. All those logo's look amateurish.

hmm alright, we've got more searching to do then.

Maybe we have different taste but I don't like any of them. The last one you just posted looks really amateur, please don't use it.

That's why i'm getting opinions here vs just going solely off what I like because I know that my personal tastes may not be whats best for the business and i'm tired of wasting money on things that simply don't work

hmm alright, we've got more searching to do then.

That's why i'm getting opinions here vs just going solely off what I like because I know that my personal tastes may not be whats best for the business and i'm tired of wasting money on things that simply don't work

I had my friend design my logo. Maybe he can help you. He designed my logo which I really like a lot.

Attachments

• icondraft.png
    icondraft.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 18
I looked for a black and white logo as it makes things a lot simpler when it comes to newspaper, van sign writing, business cards, embroidered shirts, printed cups and letterheads.

Out of the six I would say the 4th. Definitely not the last one you placed here. It would be better to have no logo rather than that.

Back