Heads up - Core-i9 13900K & 14900K crashes

Philippe

Reaction score
Lots of crashes with Intel Core i9 13900K and 14900K. Intel is investigating...

hxxps://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/i9-13900K-very-frequent-crashes-Windows-11-with-apps-games-and/m-p/1529190

hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/13iwn7f/random_app_game_crashes_with_13900k/?rdt=38321

hxxps://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/c-Category_Fortnite/c-Fortnite_TechnicalSupport/frequent-crashes-in-fortnite-on-i9-13900k-kf-ks-or-i9-14900k-kf-ks-cpus-a000086852

Source (French):
hxxps://next.ink/133992/plantages-a-repetition-des-core-i9-de-13e-et-14e-generations-intel-annonce-enfin-enqueter

Everything crashes in Fortnite and Epic related games. Is it just a badly developed and hardware glitchy game? Never played it, not my thing with a thousand edged up teens.

Everything crashes in Fortnite and Epic related games. Is it just a badly developed and hardware glitchy game? Never played it, not my thing with a thousand edged up teens.
Can't say I've really ever had any issues with "Epic" games... I don't play Fortnite, but my son used to and never reported anything wrong.

I play Fortnite a lot. Crashes are rare to non existent.

Ok I just had a few customers and was always linked to some Epic game. @GTP what do you do then now that L4D2 servers are constantly down, that is the only game you play isnt it?

Reactions: GTP
Ok I just had a few customers and was always linked to some Epic game. @GTP what do you do then now that L4D2 servers are constantly down, that is the only game you play isnt it?
I can play "Single Player" (with brain dead bots) or host games myself but no-one seems to able to join my games and I don't seem to able to join their self hosted games either. Not sure why.
Most people are self hosting now.
I also have over 300 custom campaigns I can play but playing with the bots absolutely sucks. They are dumber than noobs tbh.
So...I'm revisiting games I bought on various Steam sales and never played because I did only play L4D2.

Recently:
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Contracts (There was a new free DLC - Butchers Banquet - released today :))
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
Bullet Storm Full Clip Edition

Perennial favorites:
Serious Sam Fusion + Mods (custom campaigns)
Serious Sam Siberian Mayhem + Mods (custom campaigns)
Serious Sam 4 + Mods (custom campaigns)

Going a bit stir crazy though not being able to play multiplayer L4D2!

Yeah, I built four or five high-end intel builds last year. There have been tons of issues, including the 13900k. The AMD builds equal power with no issues. I also stopped buying GPUs on Amazon. The last 3 3090 TIs I got off Amazon died within a month. I only get those on Amazon because of scarcity. Going direct has worked much better.

Follow-up: Intel releases the “13th and 14th Generation K SKU Processor Instability Issue Update”

httpx://www.msi.com/blog/improving-gaming-stability-for-intel-core-i9-13900k-and-core-i9-14900k
httpx://www.phoronix.com/review/intel-baseline-profile-linux/2
German: httpx://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/news/hardware/prozessoren/63443-intel-baseline-profile-neue-benchmarks-nach-intels-vorgaben.html
French (source): https://next.ink/136231/plantage-de...ctions-et-recommandations-officielles-dintel/

Yeah, I built four or five high-end intel builds last year. There have been tons of issues, including the 13900k. The AMD builds equal power with no issues. I also stopped buying GPUs on Amazon. The last 3 3090 TIs I got off Amazon died within a month. I only get those on Amazon because of scarcity. Going direct has worked much better.
The Gigabyte Aorus 3080 GTX is actually better than the 3090 IMO for the price vs performance. I scored mine for $AUS800, I never purchase via Amazon with anything ever really.

Back