[REQUEST] google pixelbook coa display issue

ell

Reaction score
Hi, I have this nice little Pixelbook that was dumped on me and I'm wondering if its worth trying to fix. When booting the top half of the display is white, I connect to external and the picture is fine. Then I unplug the external and the display in the pixel is perfect, can adjust brightness, flip sceen, no problems. I restart and its half white again until I plug in the external. I'm not finding much for parts, ie. display cable, don't want to buy a new screen because not sure thats it. I did a hard reset too. Opinons?

That's an odd symptom for sure. Can't be the display then, has to be the graphics processor, whatever that is in those things - a quick search says the Intel 615 chpiset - so barring some driver issue, you're probably looking at a motherboard. I assume you tried updating to the latest OS version?

That's an odd symptom for sure. Can't be the display then, has to be the graphics processor, whatever that is in those things - a quick search says the Intel 615 chpiset - so barring some driver issue, you're probably looking at a motherboard. I assume you tried updating to the latest OS version?
no yet, but I guess its worth a shot, good idea, I went down and opened it and it looked perfect, updated it and clicked restart, back to 1/2 white screen, weird. Guess its just a mobo issue.

Last edited:
Back