Google Business Inclusivity?

If you think you are projecting neutrality or welcoming everyone without directly stating it you may be surprised to find that not everyone sees it for that.

I long ago learned: You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.

You're absolutely correct. But, in my case, I put "out there" what I choose and let the chips fall where they may. And, in this case, all Google's doing is giving an easy way for those who may choose to put specific affinity information "out there" to do so. It's not a requirement, it's not forced, so it's not a problem. Use it, or don't, your choice.

I watched in horror as the LGBTQ+ attacked and sent a Christian man and his daughter into hiding for safety and destroyed their pizza business because a gay reporter drove 20 miles to their obviously Christian pizza parlor (Memories Pizza) and asked them if they'd cater a gay wedding reception. This small pizza parlor had a prayer request box on the counter, Dad and daughter devote Christians just trying to make a living in a small town of Walkerton, Indiana. They were obviously targeted by this gay reporter knowing full well what answer to expect. When the daughter gave the wrong answer based on her sincere religious beliefs, gay people came to harm them. That's a place about 30 miles from my shop. A similar scenario happened in almost every high-profile case and the Supreme Court has corrected States several time for persecuting people over their religious beliefs. Seems the side that begged and received tolerance has little to give.
And gays have never been assaulted or harassed? All you are saying is that both sides can be violent and be dicks and 50 years ago you could replace the gay request with colored(black for those to young to remember that term). Wow, water is wet. What's next?

Edit: Stupid typo. Guys should have been gays. Sorry.

Yeah I don't excuse the present violence for past violence. We should as a society progress, not regress.

You think it doesn't happen here on Technibble? A few years ago, a member who used to be here more often, followed me on Twitter. I was posting my personal tweets and they sent me a message on Twitter, "I can't believe you watch Fox News". I told them that of course I do, I'm a republican and they legit went after me. I didn't do anything to them, or direct any messages at them. I had to block them on here because I think they are a lunatic and don't want to read their posts.

You think it doesn't happen here on Technibble?

It can happen, anywhere. And you are right that extremists at any pole are problematic, often very, very problematic, sometimes to the point that the law has to get involved.

One of my signature quotes is:
We've got to learn to reject our own extremists.
~ Robert Theobald

"Our own" means regardless of your general tilt. There are always those who will go "off the deep end," regardless of how many people of good faith share the general persuasion with them, but who are not willing to go there.

There was a time, and not all that long ago, when condemnation of extremism from within "one's own ranks" was accepted and expected. These days, not so much, which is profoundly sad.

I watched the Michael Jackson superbowl 1993 a few days ago and wondered how did we get so far off track? Songs about unity, tolerance, coming together, love one another on the world's largest platform. Maybe we can blame the Internet? :p

@gadgetfixup Ya, no, sorry - that's not how that went down at all.

They may as well have said, "We don't serve black people".

"Seems the side that begged and received tolerance has little to give." - well, only after being told that they shouldn't have the right to function in society due to someone else's BS beliefs. And it is BS. The Christians need to read their Bible and persecute God for making all these gay people, if they have such an issue with it.

@gadgetfixup Ya, no, sorry - that's not how that went down at all.

They may as well have said, "We don't serve black people".

"Seems the side that begged and received tolerance has little to give." - well, only after being told that they shouldn't have the right to function in society due to someone else's BS beliefs. And it is BS. The Christians need to read their Bible and persecute God for making all these gay people, if they have such an issue with it.
LOL, eater.com -dude come on. Yeah that's not how it went down at all but you can find justification for violence from the Internet. I just live here, knew real Walkerton police camped at the business and knew reporters working at ABC57 at the time. You probably have a better idea how it all went down reading some eatery blog from 600 miles away. ;-)

Yeah that's not how it went down at all

And, yet, in all the reportage I can find nothing that suggests it went down as you describe it, either. At least not the "in person" part. Web freaks and trolls who make repugnant threats are, unfortunately, a fixture of contemporary society at the moment.

LOL, eater.com -dude come on. Yeah that's not how it went down at all but you can find justification for violence from the Internet. I just live here, knew real Walkerton police camped at the business and knew reporters working at ABC57 at the time. You probably have a better idea how it all went down reading some eatery blog from 600 miles away. ;-)
Which part of the eatery blog was incorrect?
Yes, I've only lived through the whole thing and read the articles and saw the story for months as it happened - like everyone else.

You're committing a logical fallacy. 600 miles away, or 10 miles away - neither make an "expert"... your proximity to an event doesn't change the event or the outcome of it. Talking to a reporter or a police officer - doesn't change the event. Your living there doesn't change the event.

So, because you are within a 20 minute driving distance, you're the expert?

Why is it OK to discriminate against gay people, but not Christians?

Did you know that Christian hate groups (almost 1000 of them) are viewed as one of the most pressing domestic terrorist threats to the US? Perhaps we should disallow all Christians from patronizing any brick and mortar store, it is after all, the same treatment for Gays at that pizza place.

I would hazard a guess that if that happened, all of the domestic terrorists would be out there causing violence... like they normally do.

See, the gang up is already happening. Jody who is a local and knows more than what any media/blogger writes up is not to believed? Insane.

See, the gang up is already happening. Jody who is a local and knows more than what any media/blogger writes up is not to believed? Insane.
Because of the way he worded it can be misinterpreted.

Did the business get visited by a reporter? Yes. Did the business get death threats? Yes but that soon moved on. Did the business close? Yes Was it because of threats? Doubtful? The owners claim to have retired. Was the business "destroyed" as @gadgetfixup claims? No, I can find no actual reports of violence against the owners, employees, or acts of vandalism against the building. It is possible that a bad reputation caused the demise of the business but that is the risk you take when you openly proclaim your discriminatory religious beliefs. Calling it destroyed right after you post about violent threats is engaging in hyperbole as it can obviously be misinterpreted as being destroyed by violence and not financial ruin.

Back