Google Business Inclusivity?

@phaZed go find my exact post that matches your post here

I said that you think it's OK to discriminate based on a person's sexual orientation of which you have confirmed by agreeing with Jody and posting that he is correct

I do not think it's ok at all! I'm just saying that Jody knows more as he lives in that area. This is horrible you'd say that!
Do you think that the Pizza owners should be able to deny service to Gays? If so, that's called discrimination. You're agreeing with "the side" of the business owner that performed a discriminative act - how else should I interpret that? Only pizza shops should discriminate against sexual orientation - or all businesses? If some businesses should be excluded from discriminating against sexual orientation - which ones should those be, in your view?

Why would I find, in your posts, what I wrote in mine? So no, I will not find that since it is not there. What is there is agreement about being able to discriminate - do you disagree? If you disagree, this is all for naught, and you think the Pizza owner was wrong and the people were justified in their response.
There's really nothing more to it than that, that I can see, without some alternate explanation. I'm not trying to change your mind, only you can do that... but if you're going to claim discrimination is ok for a pizza shop, well, own up to it.

I'm telling you, Jody doesn't seem to know anything and you have yet to show any bonafides or reason to think otherwise, nor has he. It's not a question of not believing or not trusting - there are plenty of sources, including the Business owner himself, that negate Jody's "Idea" of what happened... making things worse, is that he lives there so he should know better than everyone else, yet, his data is as old as the first day of the story - and only draws from a conservative dog-whistle... and he's the reliable one? Silliness.

Last edited:
Oh I get it, so if was a gay Trump loving conversative....then what?
Then, you'd probably hate gays, anyways... since that is the position of "Trump loving conservatives".

Last edited:
Yes, I live in a hyper-conservative area. If I did put up signs it would have a more negative effect than positive on my business.
Being a proud Australian I wanted to put up an Aussie Flag in my front garden. But after several comments from some of my clients from other countries I decided not too. Some actually told me they would not do business if I did.

Being a proud Australian I wanted to put up an Aussie Flag in my front garden. But after several comments from some of my clients from other countries I decided not too. Some actually told me they would not do business if I did.
Nationalism anywhere is negatively viewed... it's kind of strange. We have people looked down on a bit if they have the US flag flying at their homes here, and this is a conservative area.

For my part, I only get annoyed when proper flag etiquette isn't observed. If I see Old Glory flying at night without a light on it, that's when I get upset.

Which only feeds the rest... the most "patriotic" people I've observed in my life, were anything but. They've never read the US's founding documents, but will exclaim their right to own a weapon. They'll run out and blow their horns about blue lives mattering, while also forgiving those same blue lives for blatantly unacceptable behavior we've fought wars to stamp out.

Toss in my kids being at a basketball game this week, performing because they're in the band... and watching as most of their classmates chanted racial slurs at the opposing team full of brown and black kids while the staff silently looked on...

Sorry... I'm no longer tolerant of intolerance. I'm tired of seeing it, I'm tired of surviving it, and I'm utterly disgusted by the "patriots" of my nation perpetuating it.

Personally, I don't fly the US flag because I'm ashamed of this/my country. If I do fly the flag on occasion, it's usually upside down - the symbol of a nation in distress.

• Wow
Reactions: GTP
I think that it is a mistake, and a grave mistake, to believe that anyone who chooses to fly the flag of their nation is a rabid, jingoistic, nationalist.

I also thing that flying the flag, alone, is "not enough" for those types and you'll have plenty of other accoutrements of that outlook.

How would someone in another country even know that you have a front yard, yet alone fly a flag. And what the heck has Australia done that would piss people off? Race relations between whites and the aborigines?

How would someone in another country even know that you have a front yard, yet alone fly a flag. And what the heck has Australia done that would piss people off? Race relations between whites and the aborigines?
GTP will have the ultimate sense of what it is - but having visited Australia in the early 90's - and having been an onlooker from across the ocean (With family friends in Australia)... It has gotten to be quite a bit more conservative (not to be confused, necessarily, with American conservatives).. which has had an effect on people. Also, people didn't really want to get involved in 9/11 and the US/Middle East - US Govt Spying ("5 Eyes" country) - but I guess it all rolls into "being more conservative". I understand there is also some pushback on Energy Policy (which rolls into the Fires, etc)

Bah. You want to know where the problem lies. It’s who has money and who doesn’t. The world’s bought and paid for and it’s not by us.
Here here.

Poor choice of wording.
I meant people from other countries that migrate to Australia, get an Australian Citizenship, live and work in Australia but think they have the right to tell me they wont do business if I fly the flag of this Nation.

I've even been told by some that even though they are classed as Australian citizens they wont/dont recognise our flag.

Poor choice of wording.
I meant people from other countries that migrate to Australia, get an Australian Citizenship, live and work in Australia but think they have the right to tell me they wont do business if I fly the flag of this Nation.

I've even been told by some that even though they are classed as Australian citizens they wont/dont recognise our flag.
That's ridiculous! Wow, I had no idea.

But they do have that right (just as they do here in the USA). That doesn't mean that you must (or should) believe what's expressed is right or admirable.

But as an individual in a free, pluralistic, western democracy I should have the right to say something like this and to take my custom where I see fit. And you should have the right, and exercise it, to be able to say you find such attitudes ludicrous and unjustified and, if you feel strongly enough, to part ways with those clients even if they were not to actually part ways with you.

We avoid all kinds of uglier issues by allowing this kind of expression and tolerating it, but not embracing what is expressed.

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.
~ Joshua Liebman

NB: Positive and cordial does not equate to "warm and fuzzy."

Poor choice of wording.

Wow... that's nuts. And here I thought the US had the monopoly on that level of stupid. I assume we're exporting it?

I thought the US had the monopoly on that level of stupid.

I wish I could say it gave me comfort to know that "we are not alone" in this level of lunacy, but it does just the opposite. This sort of thing seems to be on the rise all over the world at the moment.

Reactions: GTP
And what the heck has Australia done that would piss people off? Race relations between whites and the aborigines?
Um... Yes, actually.

Like most countries (including the two where I currently hold citizenship) Australia has a less-than-exemplary history concerning relations between groups of different cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds and it's still working through some of those issues.

Last edited:
Wow... that's nuts. And here I thought the US had the monopoly on that level of stupid. I assume we're exporting it?
Sadly our news networks and our social networks are seen overseas. Quasi-fascist, nationalism has been on the rise around the world. People have always been racist. These networks allow people to voice their racist or nationalist opinions in self made echo chambers.

Back