Failure Upgrading to 8.1 on Tablet

Quoted for posterity. Microsoft's unstated strategy of making use of older versions of Windows more aggravating than needed is working.

Honestly, I'm ok with MS, it's the LOB vendors that are kicking my butt. One of them dropped Win7 support this month... no warning... just... gone..

Oh hey guys yeah... you did that 6.5 upgrade! Good job! yeah... there are bugs in 6.5 you need 6.6 to fix... and nope 6.6 won't run on Win7...

P.S. Win8 is dead in Jan, so you might want to just... Win10 everything now... and beware that's gone in Oct 2020... WTF?!? Seriously?

Off topic, but saw these on ebay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROSOFT-W...231355&hash=item4b1dab59fb:g:YWAAAOSw-1xZeqOU

The old Windows 8 pro upgrade sets that we got in 2012 for 40 bucks. If I remember right, if you had Vista or 7 you could load this. If Windows 10 is indeed upgrading from Windows 7 or 8 for free still, last few I've tried have successfully....might be a way to get cheap licenses before the window closes. Those packs look legit and the price is about right. It seemed like they were 40 iirc...

Back