Does it help?

bongo

Reaction score
hi..i heard from my friend that it will helps if u install a no. of firewalls to ur pc and if hacker attacks one,i'll have a few left so it hard to break in..is it true?but i think it consumes a lot of machine resouces..

Hi,
Well it may help but their then could be problem for some of your computer programs, I would only advise against having one Fire wall and not like 3 or 4 .

Having multiple firewall is just like having lots of cheap locks on one door, so best solution is to buy the best lock(firewall) in the market .

a1whs.com said:
Having multiple firewall is just like having lots of cheap locks on one door, so best solution is to buy the best lock(firewall) in the market .
^

That is very much true but also can cause some programs to not work as the firewalls may conflict with each other, also you would have to go around changing the setting on each firewall if you want to allow something new. Also the cost I bet you are talking about free firewalls of the net?

Multiple firewalls is just like deadbolting all your doors however if you forget to close the window they will walk right in. Just use one software firewall and if you are on a router then a hardware firewall aswell.

a1whs.com said:

I completely agree. Also think about the resources that 3-4 firewalls will eat. There is also a major possibililty of conflicts. I would suggest you to use Kerio 2.1.5 version. Its free, and it does its job really well.

Back