Do not run/evade police in Arkansas.

People really need to turn to country bashing? When you were getting squirted out yer mommas baby cannon, did you have a choice to what country you were about to be popped out in? I doubt it. But you were born and raised there and that's what you knew. There's great people everywhere, regardless of country. And there's bad people everywhere...regardless of country.

Some of ya'll need to spend some time in 3rd world (and worse...)...countries....to see how law enforcement (err..militia) is.

And then there's the other thing and that is pretty much becoming extinct..."accountability"...if you're doing something wrong, that's what police used to be there for....go blowing through a stoplight nearly causing other cars who thought their green light meant it was safe to pass through the intersection...and if a police officer see you, he should be able to chase you and pull you over.

If you go driving around beyond 100mph zig zagging down the highways, nearly causing accidents with your reckless driving...and the state police see you, they should be able to engage a chase and do what they need to do to get you off the road.

Around "downtown areas"...these urban groups of (wanna be gangs..wanna be motorcycle clubs) on motocross bikes and quad runners have full reign on the roads...riding wheelies right down the middle of the roads and intersections despite civilian traffic, causing big disturbances. I see this all the time now...would like to load up a few broomsticks in my truck and toss them into the spokes of their bikes as they go by. Or open my door right in front of one and have him do a flyover...lol. The local town PD cannot engage in pursuit anymore. Nor does calling ahead via radio to other cruisers work at all, the "bikers" just blast across yards, down embankments, etc..easily scattering and getting away.

...back to that "accountability" thing. When I was a teen, I was no angle. Hell, as I was still into my 20's...I was still no angel. However, when I did something wrong, and the flashing lights lit up behind me, I pulled over....I didn't act like I was rushing around hiding stuff in my vehicle, kept my hands on top of the steering wheel in plain site, and I was polite to the Officer that walked up to my window throughout the entire conversation.

Last edited:
Most country bashing I have seen in this thread appears in jest but yes no one needs to take it very seriously.

I will say to the video many of the instances of the tactics were done under suitable conditions but a handful were down with poor conditions such as one instance where the officer ended up on the other side in oncoming traffic. These tactics are valid but can often be too risky for innocent motor vehicles or pedestrians nearby and should be used with caution.

My comment was merely meant in jest, you do not get Australian humor then. Apologies if it offends.
Keep it, Aussy humor is awesome. XD No apology is required!

@YeOldeStonecat The number say high speed chases risk more lives than just letting the idiot be an idiot. Because now instead of 1 reckless vehicle, you have many.

You're not wrong about the PDs that seem incapable or unwilling to do the other things that actually work to stop such things. It's not like it's hard to get out a camera, record stupid things happening, then either follow the idiot home or run a plate and be waiting for him there.

But if your PD is like Mesa PD... they're "afraid" you see. That's why they're so gun happy. Everything is "scary" woooo.

@YeOldeStonecat The number say high speed chases risk more lives than just letting the idiot be an idiot. Because now instead of 1 reckless vehicle, you have many.

Yeah, about 25% of the fatalities from chases are innocent bystanders...the bad guys usually don't know how to drive high speed and ...they're a random missile! On the highways anyways

But the local small towns...those will never get up to high speeds. Example...those kids on dirt bikes stopping/halting/interrupting traffic, pulling wheelies, etc. PD should be allowed to chase them. With big snow plows on the front of their cruisers...mow 'em down!

Yeah, about 25% of the fatalities from chases are innocent bystanders...the bad guys usually don't know how to drive high speed and ...they're a random missile!

And when you stop chasing them, they tend to SLOW DOWN. Which corrects the missile problem. It's just a matter of keeping eyes on them until they stop. Which is why we have helicopters.

Once the bad peeps/kids are out of site (like around the corner)...they're gone.
Helicopters...you watch too much TV....not a thing in 99.9% of American PDs.
Other Police to assist? The departments have been chopped down in numbers and spread too thin...very noticeable in small town America. "Can't outrun the radio" they say. Yeah..only if there are others nearby on the other end of the radio.

Back