Crackling noise over VoIP on NBN network.

bundyitsolutions

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls!

A little lost here on this one, I have a client who operates a childcare centre they are running a maxtel 430 PBX system which runs on our NBN network here in Australia.

They have a crackling noise which comes and goes on the system it's definitely intermittent now they run one corded system and around 4 handsfree systems in which the noise comes and goes on all of them.

Now not having a lot to do with these systems from what research I've done it seems to be a power interference issue? Just wanting to see if anyone has come across this and any tips or guides.

I've replaced a number of Ethernet cords that run from the router to the PBX system as well as trying to isolate as much power away from the area but in saying that you could pickup the corded handset make a call and it's perfectly fine then the next time you do it say within a minute it's got a loud crackling noise again.

Any tips would be great thanks

Crackling means it's almost certain to be within the PBX as that's an analog signal. What happens when you short cable the phone to the PBX?

Take the PBX out of the equation and start right at the demarc if you have issues there then you have bad lines coming in.

Then start adding pieces back 1 at a time to determine where the fault is.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Back