[REQUEST] Continuity between positive and negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dominover

I am working on a small charging / usb circuit for a smartphone (Blackview BV6000). The charging unit is a separate circuit board.

I'm in the process of replacing the Female 5-pin micro USB port as the last one wasn't connecting properly.. Upon cleaning up the 5 terminals that the 5-pin micro USB mounts on I tested the continuity between each soldering point.

I'm using a simple continuity testing light I bought from an electronics shop and I noticed that there is continuity between the GND and the Positive Terminal. There doesn't seem to be any direct connection between the two. Whilst I understand that this test is better done with a multimeter to measure resistance (I don't have one with me), is it possible that there should be some continuity between the Positive and Ground soldering points?

There's definitely no visible connection between the two points or any other points and the 3 inner points are not bridging either. It's the two outer pins (Ground & Positive).

a>

LpPfnwx

@Kraken needs you to confirm that you are a computer tech or own a business repairing computers. Please do a proper introduction.

Edit: Sorry, I missed it. You do not qualify for membership on the forum so are not allowed to ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back