cell phone mobile device

Rocco

Reaction score
So I still get unlimited data, and free mobile hot spot on my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt. (awesome, now that we get 4G LTE!) However, since the last droid update they forced my phone to make last week, it is getting to be a pain in the... So my laptop connects to the mobile hot spot just fine. It shows it is connected to the internet, but nothing comes up.

So different things I tried before I found the solution.

1) resetting mobile hotspot
2) turn off radio on phone, turn on radio on phone. (This worked in the past when this happened, which was very infrequent.)
3) Reset phone
4) reset computer
5) disconnect computer from wireless, forget network, reconnect to network.

So after cursing for a few minutes when none of the above worked, I decide to type in commands I haven't used in a decade.

Ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

It works. Every single time I connect my computer to my phone though, I have to do this to use the internet. Kind of a pain in the rear, but hey, it works.

Anyone have any ideas on a better solution? Or is it just the droid, and I am stuck with doing this until at least the next update?

By the way, I still use this horrible, battery eating phone because as soon as I change phones, i will have to pay for mobile hotspot. I really want to use my upgrade, but this is not an expense I can afford at the moment....

Back