[SOLVED] BSOD 0xc0000001 - Fix: Disabled BitLocker

Appletax

Reaction score
Edit:

I disabled BitLocker and decrypted my SSD, and then restarted my computer 6x and not once did the issue come back.

If the issue does not come back then there's something buggy with Bitlocker.

The TPM module I got I could only find used on eBay. It's made by Asus themselves.

I have re-installed Windows 10 many, many times on my personal system because I have had all sorts of issues here and there and I have OCD.

Lately, perhaps a week or two after a fresh install, when I go to restart the system, the automatic startup repair procedure is initialized. I press the reset button 3x and then get to the page below. Pressing reset once again results in a successful boot with no issues.

IMG_20171215_214229.jpg

Ran tests on HDD, SSD, RAM .... no issues. Check disk, disk cleanup, system file checker, CCleaner, dism, etc.

Latest drivers installed. No issues other than this.

Even Viewer shows many distributedcom errors. They occur just before the Startup Repair failed log.

I have thought for a long time that because Asus stopped making drivers for my motherboard back in 2014, that the drivers are just not up to snuff to run Windows 10 reliably.

Upgrading will cost $2,000 min. which I cannot afford right now and I want to wait until like 2020 because I want to see a huge performance boost.

Specs:
  • Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz (OC) w/ Huge Noctua Heatsink
  • EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
  • 32GB G.SKILL Trident X DDR3-2400MHz
  • Asus Formula VII Motherboard
  • 256GB Samsung 840 Pro (OS, Bitlocker On - Have Asus' TPM Module)
  • 1TB Samsung 850 Evo (Data, Games)
  • 3TB Seagate HDD (Movies)
  • Dell 4K Monitor

Lots of these errors in Event Viewer:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D} Edit: this is the ShellServiceHost

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Last edited:

The issue persists after:
  • Doing the stuff you sent
  • Using Windows Repair All-in-One to reset registry permissions
  • Made a new user profile
  • Ran dism repair, CCleaner, disk cleanup, system file checker, and check disk
Wonder if Bitlocker causes this. I am decrypting the drive now.

I wish Apple made gaming computers. Dual boot Windows. Sh!t would just work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After returning home to find my SSD decrypted, I restarted my computer 6x and not once did the issue come back.

If the issue does not come back then there's something buggy with Bitlocker.

The TPM module I got I could only find used on eBay. It's made by Asus themselves.

Back