Boost PC speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Evall

My PC stopped working good, sometimes it's so slow. How to fix it? Cleaner tools?

It could be dust on the motherboard - as this gradually builds up the friction between the copper tracks and the electrons increases, which slows everything down because it takes longer for the electrickery to get anywhere. If your computer seems to be running a bit hotter than usual then that's a sure sign of increased friction, as is smoke coming out of the cooling vents.

Have you tried carefully removing the motherboard, CPU and RAM and running them through through a dishwasher? You must use the delicate ("glass and china") setting as you don't want to risk damaging anything.

That should fix it good.

Edited to add: STOP! I forgot the most important part. Clearly, washing anything electronic in water is going to make things worse not better so before following any of the above advice be sure to disconnect your dishwasher from its water inlet and connect it to a suitable source of organic solvent instead; carbon tetrachloride is traditional (but extremely dangerous) though you should be able to obtain a safe alternative from your local computer repair professional. The only disadvantage of this is that you then can't use the dishwasher for anything else without a full steam cleaning first, which is why most of us keep two of them (a bit like a kosher kitchen). Actually, on second thoughts it would probably be cheaper and easier for you to take the entire computer with you and let the computer repair professional sort the whole thing out for you in their dishwasher instead.

Be sure to tell them I sent you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back