Best voice dictation?

TikiGiki

Reaction score
I've always used Samsung Galaxy series (currently on an old 5) but have tried the 7 & 8+, the LGV30, and also own an iPhone 6s. What is the best phone for speech recognition with a good camera? My Gs5 takes great photos but every phone I've tried is pathetic in letting my dictate texts, emails, notes, etc. and this is very important for me b/c I 'fat-thumb' the virtual keys. I spend nearly as much time correcting mistakes as using my voice in montone to talk like a robot!

I don't have a basis to compare, but my Note 8 seems to do pretty good. And the camera works very well as well. I created this post using voice transcription with no errors or problems.

On the Android side, you might try the Swype keyboard as well as SwiftKey or the Google ones - Swype is owned by Nuance, and apparently it's using Dragon on Nuance's backend servers for voice recognition instead of Google Voice on Google's servers.

Dragon is also the engine used for Siri, according to at least one article I've seen.

I don't have a basis to compare, but my Note 8 seems to do pretty good. And the camera works very well as well. I created this post using voice transcription with no errors or problems.
Ruh-roh, Roger! http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-has-a-battery-issue-in-the-galaxy-note-8-2017-12. My poor experience with Samsung is that even when you return a defective phone (as in my case when I had a 3-day old GS* w/ a busted speakerphone) you automatically receive a refurb. You almost had me pulling the trigger!

Ruh-roh, Roger! http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-has-a-battery-issue-in-the-galaxy-note-8-2017-12. My poor experience with Samsung is that even when you return a defective phone (as in my case when I had a 3-day old GS* w/ a busted speakerphone) you automatically receive a refurb. You almost had me pulling the trigger!

Eh, I'm not the pile on the FUD type. Sell enough of any complicated device and a problem will be found with some of them. And the vultures have been circling waiting to pounce and overblow any Note 8 flaw since it was released.

I've been a multi phone Samsung user for years, including my wife's phones. I've never personally experienced a problem.

Not saying every device is perfect, but I'm not going to deprive myself of the best thing on the market (for my needs) just because a tiny percentage might have a problem.

Plus, my phone never completely discharges. I'm incapacitated without it so I never let that happen. So even if the one in my hand right now happens to have that problem, I'll never know.

Sell enough of any complicated device and a problem will be found with some of them. And the vultures have been circling waiting to pounce and overblow any Note 8 flaw since it was released.
Not to mention the "fake" posts and complaints that cost about $50 per 1000.
Indian companies will do anything for money!

Back