Backing up the new Outlook email?

Just as I "love" it when you play your stupid games and say insanely stupid things.

I don't mind being the voice of sanity when inanity is offered as good practice.

Wow - I can't believe this, on the heels of starting this thread...! - I got 2 calls this morning from different clients that their New Outlook email would not open. When they would click on the mail icon to open it, it had resorted back to the original Windows mail, and only one account was showing out of their multiple accounts.

When I would click to "try the new email client," upper right corner toggle, the program would crash and close.

Win 11 pc's, checked on a couple things, and in the end I did a system restore to Oct. 30. and it started working again. In this case, seems like a Windows update broke something on both systems.

Wow - I can't believe this, on the heels of starting this thread...! - I got 2 calls this morning from different clients that their New Outlook email would not open. When they would click on the mail icon to open it, it had resorted back to the original Windows mail, and only one account was showing out of their multiple accounts.

When I would click to "try the new email client," upper right corner toggle, the program would crash and close.

Win 11 pc's, checked on a couple things, and in the end I did a system restore to Oct. 30. and it started working again. In this case, seems like a Windows update broke something on both systems.

Microsoft is just looking out for us computer techs, trying to throw some business our way.

I'm a self confessed email hoarder and "Sweep" in OWA or new Outlook really helps thin out the junk.

2 clicks and you can have it automatically move messages from chosen recipient to a different folder once they reach 10 days age. In my case that folder is Deleted Items for things such as backup reports, antivirus alerts, rmm alerts, order confirmations, tracking etc.

@britechguy Just as I "love" it when you play your stupid games and say insanely stupid things.

Yeah, well sometimes it comes off as stupid when you don't know what I'm talking about, above your head.

Back