Anyone else playing Minecraft?

16k_zx81

Reaction score
I decided to take the plunge and buy a copy last week, having heard the general buzz about it being a pretty good game. Have to say Im very impressed. Spent most of the time so far building a house and a mine.

Great game! Anyone else playing? What are you doing with it?

There's a video on Youtube about a group who built a full-scale model of the Starship Enterprise. I reckon thats about as geeky as it gets! Very impressive :)

This one of the Globe is pretty cool too

Kind of reminds me of the adventures I used to have with Lego when I was a kid ... but with the exception of having unlimited bricks and space to build in :D

Last edited:
I played for a bit. I quickly grew bored of mining so I used an inventory editor to get a bunch of stuff, and then built a giant castle. After that I didn't see much of a point anymore because everything else I wanted to build was way too time consuming.

Oh God. Please don't say that word.

I just dropped the addiction of that game in Puerto Rico because I didn't bring a computer that can play it.

That game is like crack, on crack. I can't help but spend hours and hours on end just trying to get things made in that game. When I discovered how to make an arrow farm I went nuts and now that I'm seeing all the new stuff popping in the game I'm really getting a bit itchy to play it, but I refuse to.

Nope, not getting sucked into that again.

If I want to build things with blocks that everybody can see, I can always take my son's old Legos to the food court at the mall.

(Nope, don't see the appeal)

If I want to build things with blocks that everybody can see, I can always take my son's old Legos to the food court at the mall.

(Nope, don't see the appeal)

I agree but some of the things that have been built in it look like they have took months to build Enterprise and Earth but if you put it on-line people can change it.

It's a great game, me and some old uni mates set up a private server, it's relaxing to work on something together and just chat at the same time.

Back