[REQUEST] Anybody ever heard of Pakedge switches

nlinecomputers

Reaction score
I have a new client that has a Pakedge Se-26 switch. Never heard of that before. Are they junk or good? Their website doesn't have a lot of info so I am leaning toward junk.

Never heard of them. When I did a search for availability, other than eBay, it was from AV companies. So I think it's just another one of those manufacturers that target the high end AV market with over priced under performing networking equipment.

I think @Markverhyden is correct. They seem to be a brand owned by SnapOne, who i havent heard of, who do audio/video as well as networking stuff, maybe its because i am outside the US, but i've never heard of any of the SnapOne brands.

Look Ma! It's Intel!

So yeah, right on the product page unless I'm mistaken, that is clearly an Intel CPU, unsure of what socket. I don't think Intel makes a CPU/SOC LAN like that. So they are plainly catering to those who drool over techno word salad and don't know it's lacking nutrition.

I mean I could be mistaken but it stands out too much. Network based SOC are usually not that big (at least for the line they advertise as being unmanaged) and are SMD to save costs. At that price range I highly doubt to see a socketed chip.

I mean, they could be lying and it could be an actual X86 board with an Intel CPU doing routing, but....yeah not happening.

Also found this...

Pakedge gets roasted on AVS Forums(well sorta, in short it's crap with lots of BS marketing)

Last edited:
Back