Any alternatives to RepairShopr?

computer42

Reaction score
Been using RepairShopr for 2 years now. I really haven't had any issues with it.

Just curious if there is anything out there that is slighly better, maybe more features but doesn't loose functions. I know there are some that are mainly for repair only stores but curious if anything that handles both repair and tickets for like MSP related work.

Look here, may be it helps

PC Repair Tracker​

I used RepairShopr for a bit until I found Busy Bench. I used Busy Bench for 5 years before closing my brick and mortar location back in 2018. It's definitely better in my opinion. www.busybench.com. I had the most expensive package they offer and it was only $59 per month. It really changed our process for the better. - Hope this Helps.

We've been using RepairShopr for 1 year as our main POS system and their tech support is horrible. My staff hates it because of all the bugs and they keep asking me to change to a different system. We previously used Quickbooks POS for the last 15 years, but we really wanted something more catered to the computer repair business. Their development team cant even figure out simple things like auto printing a receipt for cash transactions! What kind of POS system cant print receipts for cash transactions. Also, if you create multiple invoices for the same customer
(labor, parts, deposit, etc.) it doesnt have the ability to combine them all on 1 itemized merged invoice/receipt for the customer, you have to print out an invoice for each item added, customers hate that. Also, the mobile app is terrible. Were currently looking for a better provider.

Repairdesk just upgraded Feb 1st, it might be worth a look. I tried Repairdesk about 3 years ago but it was early in development and I didn't feel like being a beta tester. So stupid stuff broke on us and we were only onboard 3 weeks. We have stuck it out with RS but I'm about 80% done migrating 7 years worth of RS data to PCRT and when I get time to complete that, I'll just use PCRT. It has matured nicely and frankly more intuitive for computer / phone repair shops than RS ever was. It has the ability to SMS our customers which we must have in 2022. So many don't monitor emails or support emails fall in spam boxes. No SMS ability is a deal breaker for us. PCRT works perfectly for SMS.

I've been using WebHelpDesk for about 13 years and have been looking at alternative options. The key for me, as a data recovery service provider, I don't need MSP and RMM solutions. I've been playing with repairshopr for a couple of weeks and it could work for us, the fact that their support is so horrible, there are already requests for features I need documented as reported 7 years ago without a solution, tells me that they are not a good investment for the future.

I've looked at the other suggestions above, as well as many others but am already tending towards FreshDesk that I only started to look at closely this morning....and I've already broke it enough that I cycled through 3 chat support agents and have an official ticket open with them to fix my broken account.

Anyone have any thoughts about FreshDesk?

I've been using WebHelpDesk for about 13 years and have been looking at alternative options. The key for me, as a data recovery service provider, I don't need MSP and RMM solutions. I've been playing with repairshopr for a couple of weeks and it could work for us, the fact that their support is so horrible, there are already requests for features I need documented as reported 7 years ago without a solution, tells me that they are not a good investment for the future.

I've looked at the other suggestions above, as well as many others but am already tending towards FreshDesk that I only started to look at closely this morning....and I've already broke it enough that I cycled through 3 chat support agents and have an official ticket open with them to fix my broken account.

Anyone have any thoughts about FreshDesk?
Have a friend that has a service business that uses FreshDesk and loves it, I recently downloaded the trial, but haven't had a chance to look into it. The bothersome thing is Repairshopr could be a good piece of software if they a tech support team who could fix all the bugs. I wish I would have known about all the problems with RepairShopr before we signed up and spent so much time migrating our data over to it.

Amazing! While playing with Fresh Desk, I had a few peers in the data recovery industry create a new ticket and they were teasing me because my ticket numbers were really low...started at 1. So, in jest, I modified the start number to 593833978737, thinking that I could easily flip it back. Nope...I broke it. Even after deleting all new customers and tickets (all were just for testing), it still wouldn't revert. So, I opened an online chat with FreshDesk right within my tech portal and got passed between 3 support agents, helping with other things, as well as trying to help fix this issue. They then converted the chat to an official ticket where another agent resolved my issue on the back end within an hour.

All that to say, their tech support is a lot better than repairshopr and they actually use the same ticket system that they are supporting. It was weird sending a note to repairshopr support to get a message back on ZenDesk.

In my playing yesteray, I've pretty much completed all my necessary customizations and could flip over to it immediately. However, I think it best to take a day or two to have my staff familiarize themselves with the interface and to have some peers and resellers give some feedback on the customer portal side of things.

Interesting thread, I'm only just starting to look into a product like RepairShopr... Disappointing to hear that their support is poor ... I have read that multiple times now. I will have a closer look at Fresh Desk and consider my options carefully moving forward!

Back