Another method for avoiding using a Microsoft account during setup

Create an email or alias email, create a "setup" Microsoft account > do the initial computer setup > use the cmd window and create your local user (net user ...) and also assign to Administrators (net localgroup Administrators NewGuy /add) > log out and log into local user. Now delete the original setup account.
Wouldn't you end up with the computer still linked to that account, but no real way to know what it was unless you remember that you set it up and what you used. And the recovery key is in that mysterious account.

Just wanted to note that I went through OOBE just this morning on a Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO 3, setting up a MS-Account-linked Win11 user account, and device encryption was not enabled, which came as a shock. Everything I've read so far says it's turned under Windows 11 Home or Pro, but a check with manage-bde -status said it was not.
SOMEtimes it can take 2-3 reboots.
Also can quickly check status...in the search box, type in "bitlocker" (quotes not needed)...and the "Manage Bitlocker" link will pop up, click on that for the GUI version....see if it's enabled, suspended, whatever.

Create an email or alias email, create a "setup" Microsoft account > do the initial computer setup > use the cmd window and create your local user (net user ...) and also assign to Administrators (net localgroup Administrators NewGuy /add) > log out and log into local user. Now delete the original setup account.
Seems to be a lot of work for what is a simple workaround using the aforementioned solutions posted by OP.

SOMEtimes it can take 2-3 reboots.

I know we had rebooted at least one time. But I will accept that I've done due diligence if, whenever I check, it's off. If MS is not making it turn on at a consistent time and place, there's nothing I can do about that.

It's funny that someone posted the video about the use of a wall of lava lamps being used to generate random numbers where the host makes the statement that "computers are designed to be consistent." Would that this were always, always, always true!

Sorry if I'm missing the point of this thread but in answer to the title, I do this;

- During the install of Windows 11, allow the PC to connect to the internet.
- Shortly after, you will be asked to connect to your MS account or create a new one.
- Enter a non-accessible email address (I use no@thankyou.com).
- Enter a password anything you want but don't leave it blank (I use whatever appears after I've run my hand over the keyboard!)
- Hit enter. You will then see "Something went wrong and you will then be asked what user name you want to use to set up a local account.

This has worked for me when setting up new PC's for clients for the last 5 months at least.
Again, I apologize if this is already common knowledge here...I didn't have time to read all of the input in the thread.
I've used test@test.com and password of test and haven't had an issue. I like the no@thankyou.com email address though

I got some refurb laptops for stock from Australian Computer Traders last week. They came preinstalled with Windows 11 Pro and launched into the OOBE when powered on (I assume they were sysprepped). Neither the bypassnro or fake email address methods worked! I like to check them over and install all updates including firmware, and because I don't know the end user yet I use a local account with no password. I had to do a fresh install with my Rufus-tweaked installer.

I'm wondering if the latest installer has closed the loopholes (if not tweaked by Rufus). Either that or the refurbisher has a modified installer or system image that turns the loopholes off, not sure why they'd do that. Another possibility is that the use of sysprep might remove those loopholes (which I never use).

Back