Acronis image failed, pro tools imaged failed R-Drive Image 4.7 worked!

Galdorf

Reaction score
I tried making an image of a drive with a few bad sectors acronis failed within 4 secs, pro tools which is a $500 dos based image program also failed i then tried R-Drive Image 4.7 with 15 day free trial it actually worked and was quite a bit faster than acronis.

R-Drive Image 4.7

I find Acronis fails on a quite a lot drives with multiple bad sectors.

Paragon Backup and Recovery almost never fails and is free depending on what you use it for.

CloneZilla rarely fails and is genuinely free.

Just to check, you did do a reverse image using protools, right? AFAIK R-Tools doesn't do a reverse clone, so that's a bit surprising that it managed to work, although I'm not surprised Acronis didnt

Last edited:
Just to check, you did do a reverse image using protools, right? AFAIK R-Tools doesn't do a reverse clone, so that's a bit surprising that it managed to work, although I'm not surprised Acronis didnt

I tried a reverse clone but it sad it would take 2899 hrs lol after an hour i gave up the bar was still at 0% so i tried r-drive and it took 3mins 50 secs it was a very small drive 20g.
I also tried normal clone on protools was around 2100 hrs left it for an hour was at 0%.

Back