AAS Networking/CCNA Certificate

TheUnknownOne

Reaction score
Alright. Starting here in about 2 weeks I'm going to be starting school for my AAS in Networking, and in that program is a CCNA Certificate program. So I'm gonna go for both of course. Is anyone else taking any classes in the networking field? If so, can anybody give me and idea of what my first few classes will be going over. I know it varies from school to school, but i am just curious of what I'll be facing. Besides, I gotta find SOMEBODY to help me with my homework

I'm currently doing CCNA. The first few classes will take you over basic binary conversions to the different steps of networking, slowly bringing it up to more advanced stuff. At the end of CCNA1 you will understand whats the best for different types of networks to how to subnet and configure routers and switches.

Well the way its looking on my schedule I'm actually only taking 1 or 2 CCNA related classes for semester. Then 2 Stupid classes (Introduction to Windows XP or Introduction to Keyboarding. bs like that), and a basic like College Algebra and English 1301, Speech and an Elective, 4 semesters for me

Woah, I just finished CCNA2.. if you hated CCNA1, you'll love CCNA2..

CCNA1 is about protocols, binary code, subnetting, what hubs are etc. just the basic stuff.

CCNA2 will bring you to the real world of routing *rollseyes*.. you'll do the coding yourself, ofcourse still basic.. but I liked it a lot more than learning about TCP/IP UDP SNMP and all the other stuff.

I see you won't be getting it any time soon, but if you get the chance.. go for it girl ;) Pretty fun if you ask me.

Back