Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com

Porthos

Reaction score
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...bbb-88ca-f8ec74f8e8fd?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Effective late June 2016, Windows Live Mail 2012 will no longer synchronize emails, contacts, and calendar events from email accounts ending in @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, or @msn.com. These email accounts are powered by Outlook.com.

Outlook.com is being upgraded to a new infrastructure that delivers innovative email and calendar experiences with enhanced performance, security, and reliability. The Windows Live 2012 email application does not support the modern synchronization technologies used by the new Outlook.com, so once your account is upgraded to the new Outlook.com, you will no longer be able to send or receive Outlook.com email from Windows Live Mail 2012.

Rest assured, you can always access your Outlook.com account via any web browser at any time. You will also continue to have access your emails, contacts, and calendar data that is currently stored in Windows Live Mail 2012.

Oh for crying out loud. This is going to be a nightmare for the little old ladies. Truthfully, Windows Live Mail is the last easy to use free Microsoft email program for them, the current Mail app is incomprehensible to older eyes. Why Microsoft and Apple think it's better to hide all the functionality in the name of a "clean interface" I'll never know - especially when Office takes the exact opposite approach with the ribbon (too many options for old eyes to figure out).

Such a nice way for Microsoft to bring some revenues from free e-mail accounts user by forcing them to read their e-mails through an ad-loaded webpage. I also have a few old ladies that are having a hard time learning the new interface. You can't stop progress I guess.

What about using Thunderbird?

Wonder if it would be affected.
I am using thunderbird for my parents email client after changing from live mail 2012 becase of the issue it is not effected by the upcoming changes

Back