Windows 8 - d-sub no signal going to power saving mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ontario53

Reaction score
I have PC that when turned on wont display anything on the monitor. Things I tried.
  • Connected second computer that I use for work to same monitor using same DVI cable and same power cable and monitors works fine.
  • Connected second computer to same monitor via VGA and that works fine as well.
  • I can see CPU fan, case fan and graphic card fan spinning.
  • I can also see that when I turn it on hard drive light flashing for a bit,
  • I can also see steady green light at the back panel located beside power supply.
  • Each USB port at the back panel when I connect wired mouse gives red led at the bottom of it but these same USB ports do not lit up some of the lights on the wired keyboard
  • I swapped positionning of each RAM stick and it didnt make any difference
  • I took out dedicated video card ans connected the monitor to on board graphic and nothing changed.
  • During any of the above I dont hear any POST beeps at all.
  • As I was changing these RAM sticks I also noticed that when I turn the computer on it always restarts 3 times.
I then removed all RAM sticks and turned the computer on and computer starts up, does not keep restarting, CPU fan, case fan and video card fan spins and I hear 5 beeps. I than tried inserting one stick of RAM to each RAM slot one at the time and turning on the computer. This would prodice no change beside computer again restarting 3 times and than staying on. None of things above would produce any video output.

I also tried to do one RAM stick at the time in each slot while dedicated video card is out and monitor is connected to onboard graphic and this would produce no change besing computer going into infinite restart loop.

According to some reading I have done only other things I can do is remove CMOS battery for 30 minutes and see if that changes anything. I can also unplug everything from the motherbord beside CPU and PSU and boot. Anyone else has anything to suggest how to resolve this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back