Windows 8.1 with Bing - Free Upgrade to 10?

dombooth

Reaction score
We know Windows 8.1 (Home & Pro) will upgrade to 10 Free of charge.

What about 8.1 with bing?

Cheers,
Dom

Hi Dom,

I bought a cheap box with 8.1/bing and have not had the upgrade registration option. I remember reading someone said it should get the Windows 10 Home option though.

We'll have to wait & see what happens. I'll not be upgrading mine as it's only got a 32gb SSD but I only use it as a ScreenConnect server

I know on a Windows Weekly podcast recently either Mary or Paul stated that Windows 7 Starter and Windows 8 Bing would qualify for Windows 10 Home.

Currently using a Chinese tablet with Windows 8.1 with Bing and have the notification to reserve free upgrade. There was an windows update to add the notification make sure that's installed.

Hi Dom,

I bought a cheap box with 8.1/bing and have not had the upgrade registration option. I remember reading someone said it should get the Windows 10 Home option though.

We'll have to wait & see what happens. I'll not be upgrading mine as it's only got a 32gb SSD but I only use it as a ScreenConnect server

Hi Kevin,

Yeah that's why I'm asking, I've got a Linx10 tablet all updates installed yet no prompt for W10.

I asked my disty the question and the answer below is what they tell me

· Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 customers (customers on Win 8 need to upgrade to Win 8.1 first)

· Win 8.1 with Bing will receive the upgrade

· Windows RT will not get the upgrade to full Windows 10, but will receive an update with some of the functionality – more details TBC

Yes I am running a laptop with Win 8.1 with Bing and th Get Windows 10 option is visible.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    312 KB · Views: 9
This is now visible on my Windows 8.1 with Bing machine. The following required updates were missing kb3035583 & kb2952664 and have only just appeared in Windows Update...

Back