Windows 10 will soon let you tell Microsoft how you use your PC

@britechguy They are safe enough for general use. It's just odd to me that someone would be upset about telemetry in Windows, but be OK with it in Android or iOS.

I've seen this from multiple places over the years, and it's always struck me as odd. Microsoft is actually under a larger microscope than Google, Apple, or Amazon for some reason.

Android has more installations than Windows. iOS is about half of what Windows has, and you cut that in half again to find OSX. And yet, only Windows and OSX actually give owners the control to do anything. So why isn't Google under that microscope instead? Alphabet is a far more dangerous entity than Microsoft ever was!

So why isn't Google under that microscope instead? Alphabet is a far more dangerous entity than Microsoft ever was!

Search me? I have never understood why it is that the distrust of Microsoft is as outsized as it is. I, like you, don't trust Google or the other entities where, "You (and data about you) are the product."

Now, mind you, I've been a Gmail user almost since Day One. But I was never under even the slightest delusion that anything sent or received under Gmail was not being scanned and mined. For what I use it for, that's just fine.

Back