[REQUEST] Which Wifi Modem for TPG Perth?

Amit

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am going with TPG for ADSL2+ plan for my home.
As per the plan I have to buy the wifi modem myself.
They have warned me that if the wifi modem has connection problem with TPG, they will not be held responsible and will not offer any kind of support.
Can anyone of you, suggest a good brand of adsl wifi modem which works well with TPG Adsl2+?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Not really, but their support is not free. So, if the problem is from their end they will resolve that otherwise, they will charge $170 per visit.
So, I want to make sure that everything is ok from my side.

Not really, but their support is not free. So, if the problem is from their end they will resolve that otherwise, they will charge $170 per visit.
So, I want to make sure that everything is ok from my side.
No different to any other ISP I'm sure. If it's not their equipment, it's not their problem. The challenge is not finding compatible modems but convincing them the problem is theirs and not yours. Telstra is the same. They especially love to question the modem if it's not one of theirs. The irony is the Telstra branded modems are probably the cheapest and nastiest on the market.

I'm sure any half decent ADSL2+ modem will be just fine.

They have warned me that if the wifi modem has connection problem with TPG, they will not be held responsible and will not offer any kind of support.

That is not completely true.
If you buy the ADSL2+ modem router from TPG then they will offer support. It may even be preconfigured by them for your account.
If you buy the modem router from a 3rd party then they will offer very little support.

So if you are worried you will need their support. Take a guess which is the best option.;)

Eagle21,
Called TPG today and asked them to put their Modem.
They told me that they will provide the support for Modem as well, but will configure the Modem remotely.
They said Modem is pre-configured and is plug and play but in case there is some problem they will provide support remotely.

Back