[SOLVED] Which glue strip should I use for laptop screen replacement?

That is what she said.
The 6 in strips I offered are perfect. You do not need a full top to bottom coverage.

But won't it be more difficult to remove in the future if the screen needs replacing again vs using the strips that go all the way past the screen and can easily be grabbed onto and pulled out?

I ordered the 0.6mm thick tape that @gadgetfixup recommended.

But won't it be more difficult to remove in the future if the screen needs replacing again vs using the strips that go all the way past the screen and can easily be grabbed onto and pulled out?

The answer to this is: Yes, and no.

Yes, it's likely to be much easier if a grab tab is visible. No, it is not necessary to have these things centered, or in a specific location. A "short strip" top left and bottom right, or centered on the short vertical sides of the screen, with pull tabs visible on each, should be just fine. These really don't have much work to do other than preventing the slippage, which would be slight, of the screen. Even the bezel serves some role in holding the screen in place. The tape is more of an insurance policy than anything else.

Used the 0.6mm tape on two screens so far and it worked great.

Back