What mobo will replace this Dell mobo?

TechGuy71

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a system in that was in a house fire. While it appears that most of the damage was smoke damage, the owner tried to clean it out and it stopped working. When I got it I noticed a capacitor laying in the bottom of the case.

Anyway, it is a Dell XPS, and really that's all it says. My suggestion to the owner was that since these proprietary BTX parts are so darn expensive that we use a new case, power supply, and motherboard... and salvage the rest of his parts. It looks like he spent a pretty penny on this system.

The problem I am having is figuring out exactly what mobo to use. Needs to be SLI for the two GeForce cards he has... but I'm having a time deciphering exactly what type of board I need cause the Dell System Information online is so cryptic. The cpu is:

1 W9445 Processor,80547,PDSD,830 SKT-T,Male

Will any LGA775 board work? Also is anyone familiar enough to know if this Dell memory will work in a different board?

4 F6761 Dual In-Line Memory Module,512533M,64X64,8,240,1RX8

I do not see the motherboard in the system information, but the board tells me it's a Foxconn LS-36.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

In these instances, its best to just cover your ass and tell him you simply cannot tell if all the items will work together or not; on the flip side, now is definitely the time to build a new one, ram and procs are super cheap...

I think the Dell's use a propriatery MB, (goofy size?) (but those may be the el-cheapo models only) I know some models use a proprietary power supply.
CHeck on ebay for MB's,you might get lucky.

Back