What happened to MyDefrag ?

Romaniac

Reaction score
What I thought was THE best defragger. I've seen it really turn responsiveness around.
I saw website was down for a couple of days, and I figured (hoped) it's just a website re-build or something.

But now, the URL is not even showing up in google results.

Can't even find a cached version, though early on I checked and didn't see any announcements. Should have donated when I could.

:(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyDefrag

On June 23, 2015, the author of MyDefrag announced that the official website including the forum would be shutdown on October 1st 2015.

In the announcement, the author said it was unlikely that he would pick up the development of MyDefrag again, and he decided not to release the source of the software due to several clients having bought a license to the sources before. He said he would need to keep the source code closed in order to protect the clients investment, which means that MyDefrag will be frozen unless the author decides to revive the project again​

Hah, a wiki article! Thanks Jimbo!

That"s a shame... my cheap arse should have donated.

I wonder who bought the source?!

Hadn't used this one before. Have you tried out Auslogics? Definitely my favorite.
It is just very very thorough, slow, but oh-so-thorough. The latest version is still available on other site, like FileHippo.

There's nothing like it, that I've seen. Others like to use the 'blocks' but this thing uses 'lines' as you can see on the Wiki page. You could zoom in and see what fragment belonged to what file.

Back