UK Techs, what is your experience with BT ?

Big Jim

Reaction score
Been with BT for 10 years now, renew my contract with them every 2/3 years when it expires and every single time there is some kind of issue caused by BT.

Latest renewal, they called me to renew my contracts, I have 2 phone lines and 2 broadband packages (1 at my business address and 1 at home), I explained that I was moving home soon, they suggested i renew the contract on the business address and call them when I moved home to sort out the contact on that one.
The contract renewal information came through and they had mixed them up (renewed the wrong contract), i called back immediately and the person told me leave it as it is and they will sort it when I move house.

I moved house on 4th August, they then added a 3rd line/ broadband.
I called and they cancelled the 3rd line (on my old property)
system generates a bill for over £1000, I called them to say its not right, I am told a "freeze" has been put on the account to stop the payment being taken.
19th of the month rolls around and guess what, money is taken by direct debit from my account, I call them, they can't refund it as it was direct debit, instead I have to contact my bank to get them to do it (twice as BT took the payment again a few days later)

Billing team are supposed to be dealing with it but they just call me around once a week to tell me they are still working on it.
account now has late payment charges on it as well just to add insult to injury.

So 4 months on still not resolved and so far I estimate around 18 hours spent on the phone to try and rectify the issue and no end in site.

Should I send them an invoice at my hourly rate ?

Back