Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is out

/rant
But what are they replacing it with? Gnome Shell? :eek:
OMG, that's just as bad as Unity IMO!
I think both Unity and Gnome Shell are both based on some Fischer-Price toy GUI...:rolleyes:
Unity was the reason I gave up on Ubuntu (it broke my Compiz desktop that I'd spent months setting up! :mad:) and moved to Fedora, OpenSuse, Mint, Debian and others. Lost interest in Compiz after that.
I used Fedora for many years until they moved to Gnome 3. I kept using Gnome 2.xx but liked the look of LXDE, Mate, Cinnamon etc.
So I stuck with Mint because at least I had a "nice" DWM/DE in Mate or Cinnamon.
Yeah, I know. I can change the DWM/DE with something else but that's not the point.
//rant

Now that Fedora (and others) are offering distro's with Mate, Cinnamon, LXDE and others there's really no reason to go back to Ubuntu.;):)

Feel better @Barcelona ?

I didn't know Mate had moved beyond Mint. Fedora Mate? Really?

You weren't very specific on your Gnome rantings. Gnome 3x sucks. Gnome 2x+ (Mate) fits like an old glove. I wasn't totally tuned to the whole "Wayland" debate other than it was Canonical being proprietary and the rest of the Linux community hating it but I'm glad they dropped Wayland and are back to X.org however primitive that may be.

Reactions: GTP
Feel better @Barcelona ?

I didn't know Mate had moved beyond Mint. Fedora Mate? Really?

You weren't very specific on your Gnome rantings. Gnome 3x sucks. Gnome 2x+ (Mate) fits like an old glove. I wasn't totally tuned to the whole "Wayland" debate other than it was Canonical being proprietary and the rest of the Linux community hating it but I'm glad they dropped Wayland and are back to X.org however primitive that may be.
Always feel better after a good rant Lol.
Yeah, Mate is no too shabby!
Fedora mate? Yeah, really!

Checkout spins.fedoraproject.org for more:cool:

Back