SEO, Ranking, Review Help

Reaction score
So I used to have another business in other town years ago and it ranked well. If it didn't rank in the top 3 on search results it at least ranked in the first page. I also ranked within the top 4 on Google Places. Now I can't get that anymore with my new site. It ranks either last on the first page if it shows or usually on page 2. Google Places ranks it at 10th place. How can I possibly improve this? Especially since I get ranked sometimes after links to shops that are from out of town or do this kind of work second to there actual business. Maybe my SEO is wrong? Maybe my site needs tuning?

Any reviews on my site is appreciated. Any SEO suggestions would be nice too.

Looks like you have a lot of the right things going on that should boost results. I assume you have wordpress set to allow search engines to be able to search the site without restrictions. Outside of that I would suggest link sharing with some other websites or blogs. You might want to be more descriptive about your service areas. The more information you can provide like towns, cities, zip codes etc. will help. Be sure to tag all your images. BTW you come up number four when I search google for 'Roseburg, OR computer services'.

Call that Girl has a great Ebook on WordPress SEO.
Or if you don't want to implement it yourself see my signature below.

Here are a few things:

Main Page
<title>Roseburg Help Desk - Mobile Computer &amp; Network Services</title>
<meta name="description" content="We offer computer repair, network services to residential and small business in Roseburg and surrounding areas."/>

Where is the "Keywords" i.e.
<meta name="keywords" content="Computer Repair Roseburg, keyword, keyword, keyword"/>

Title and Description can have location etc in it also.

Services Page
<title>Services - Roseburg Help Desk</title>
<meta name="description" content="We service both business and residential customers. We bring our services to you or you can bring your problems to us and we will take care of the rest."/>

<meta name="keywords" content="Computer Repair Roseburg, keyword, keyword, keyword"/>

On the Services page you have the following:
Virus Removal
Hardware Installation
Notebook Repairs
etc....

Make a page for each of those sub things you have going there and optimzie each and every page correctly using your Yoast plugin.

http://roseburghelpdesk.com/virus-protection/
<title>Virus Protection - Roseburg Help Desk</title>
<meta name="description" content="We sell Anti Virus software at steep discounts."/>

Also saturate the post with your description and things. The title of this post is "Virus Protection"..It should be something like "Virus Protection in Roseburg OR" or something to that effect.

Just create more pages and make sure each and everyone of them is actually optimized correctly and make them unique. Do not use the same "titles", "keywords", "description" on each page. Try doing those things and then it can be reviewed better.

Here are a few things:

Main Page

Services Page

On the Services page you have the following:

Make a page for each of those sub things you have going there and optimzie each and every page correctly using your Yoast plugin.

Also saturate the post with your description and things. The title of this post is "Virus Protection"..It should be something like "Virus Protection in Roseburg OR" or something to that effect.

Just create more pages and make sure each and everyone of them is actually optimized correctly and make them unique. Do not use the same "titles", "keywords", "description" on each page. Try doing those things and then it can be reviewed better.

Will give that a try in the near future.

Hey Roseburghelpdesk,

I actually have done quite a bit of SEO in my time. First of all, no need to add the meta keywords tag. This tag is outdated and just gives your competitors and idea of what you are trying to rank for. Next, I would recommend more regular posting to your blog. Google really likes when you keep your site updated. Another thing you can try to do is to up the exposure to your site by building a few external links and getting social accounts like twitter, facebook, and pinterest. Last, as mentioned above, you can try to use an important keyword in your html title tags <title></title>. What exactly are you hoping to rank for?

Back