[SOLVED] Reseting Joomla SuperUser PW

frase

Reaction score
Hi - I have not edited my website lately, thought might be time to. The problem is I forgot my admin password. I had it written down but wont work. I get a cannot authenticate error, I think this maybe due to 2FA. Problem is I don't have any 2FA and dont remember allowing this.

I understand one may not be able to change the Pass of a SuperUser. Though even adding another admin doesn't even work, I get an error when adding as noted here :

https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_recover_or_reset_your_admin_password?

I have tried both methods one just throws out an authentication error -

Warning
Unable to connect to authentication service.

The second one throws out an error -

MySQL said:

#1146 - Table 'MYDB_jos2.jos2_users' doesn't exist'

It does though, I don't get the code Table NAMEOFMYDB_jos2.jos2_users is? Yea I should have a backup, somewhere thanks will let ya know how I go.

Is it the SQL DB? NAMEOFMYDB_jos2.sql - I just updload that?

"MYDB_jos2" is the database name and "jos2_users" is the table name.

You would look for a table of that name in the database of that name and rename it then restore the backup.

Comes up with an error
"ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 29: Table 'jos_assets' already exists"
My head hurts :(
I guess that means you have a single sql script that reconstructs the entire collection of tables and data. I started writing a whole thing on possible approaches to repair but I it was getting rather complex. Perhaps a better approach is to rename the whole database to a backup name and recreate the database, then run the backup script on the new, empty database.

Well I have totally screwed it now, as I stupidly deleted the jos2 DB and restored a backup.
I also restored a backup of site, now all I get is a message that just says Error in top left corner. I am gathering my php and SQL is all berked up now.

Might have to just create a new one.

Back