[REQUEST] Removed SSID's still showing in windows

ell

Reaction score
Hi, this has got me scratching my head. I had to reset a linksys smart wifi router and configure new static networks. The problem is the old ssid names are still visible in the pc's that connect to the network. I checked in windows to forget old networks and they aren't even listed there to remove. Is there something in the linksys admin panel that removes them? I didn't see anything and its very confusing having these old networks ssid's broadcasting.

What version of Windoze? Any switches in the mix? Machines rebooted?
yes, all rebooted. windows 10, android, win 8. The wifi router is connected to a switch or hub type device their isp hooked up for studio monitoring cameras, think that could be it? It enables the pc's to view the cams through a browser, but you have to log into the isp portal first.

Hubs are no more for the most part. Switches, even cheap ones, maintain a routing table. Cheap ones will loose the table on a power cycle. I'm often fiddling with things on my own network and have had similar problems. So my SOP is to power cycle all networking equipment.

Hubs are no more for the most part. Switches, even cheap ones, maintain a routing table. Cheap ones will loose the table on a power cycle. I'm often fiddling with things on my own network and have had similar problems. So my SOP is to power cycle all networking equipment.
I'm thinking that must be it but I don't dare mess with it, there's like four boxes all flashing like Christmas and I don't have a clue, the isp is coming out to fix the cameras I left a message to have them look into it . This all began when they just wanted their guest wifi password changed. Someone put a password on the router no one knew so I had to reset it,, big mistake, had to configure static ip then change all the printer ports on all the pcs, I'm sure I messed up the cameras too.

Back