QB Web connector & Adobe shopping cart integration.

thecomputerguy

Reaction score
I have a client who currently receives orders through their website. As of right now they receive the order in email, then manually enter the order into Quickbooks for processing. This is obviously time consuming and leads to a person being assigned to data entry which is a waste of resources.

We found out that they have a shopping cart built on Adobe Business Catalyst and in the admin section of their website/cart there is an option for QB integration using the QB Web Connector.

I haven't found a whole of information on performing this integration, and I am afraid it might botch their QB data file (adding duplicate customers etc). I of course will do a full backup of their QB data file before attempting this, and worst case scenario we just uninstall the web connector and revert back to the backup. I am afraid of wasting a gob of time just to find out that this won't work right and they will be unhappy with the results.

Their designers who did their website/shopping cart have no insight in this issue, this is something I have never done before and if things go awry I don't know who to turn to for support since their are multiple services being used here (Adobe & QB & Hosted QB).

To add to the above point their QB is currently hosted at (https://www.rightnetworks.com/), which may or may not complicate the issue. I don't know. I don't even know if I will have access to the server side of their hosted application until I dig into it. They claim they have admin side access but, who knows.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I'm afraid of starting this project to find out it doesn't work right, then being left with a mess to clean up. It seems as though once you install the web connector and press the sync button it not only starts pulling data from the shopping cart, but sync's all of their customer data into their Adobe Business Catalyst admin side, and once I sync I don't even know if I can undo what it does to the admin side of Adobe.

Back