Printer with very easy ability to replace cartridges?

Velvis

Reaction score
An elderly woman who has issues with her hands asked me if there is a printer that makes it super easy to change ink cartridges. She currently has an Epson Stylus and finds the small clips difficult/impossible to release.

Just wondering if anyone might have suggestions.

If she's an Epson fan, I'd also suggest you look at the EcoTank line they now produce, which doesn't use cartridges at all.

You essentially squeeze/pour ink into a reservoir bottle in the printer itself, and this is pretty easy to accomplish for the non-impaired even without a funnel, but someone who had aiming and/or stability issues could easily use a typically-sized small kitchen funnel to make filling much easier when it's needed.

I was just looking at one of these as a potential replacement for my current printer.

Might be worth considering a laser printer, which would require changing cartridges far less often than an inkjet.

If she's a typical senior citizen client, there's no way the investment required for a color laser printer will likely look attractive.

Much as I'd like to, I don't even have one. I've been refilling my own refillable cartridges for years now, but the reason I am considering an EcoTank model (or, perhaps, another competitor's with the same concept) is because it's so easy, and cheap, to get inkjet ink in bulk and just pour it in to the respective tanks.

I'd love to have laser simply because accidental exposure to liquid will not make printed material run, but that's not enough to push me over the edge based on the printing volume (not that high) in my household.

If she's an Epson fan, I'd also suggest you look at the EcoTank line they now produce, which doesn't use cartridges at all.

You essentially squeeze/pour ink into a reservoir bottle in the printer itself, and this is pretty easy to accomplish for the non-impaired even without a funnel, but someone who had aiming and/or stability issues could easily use a typically-sized small kitchen funnel to make filling much easier when it's needed.

I was just looking at one of these as a potential replacement for my current printer.
I was just going to suggest the EcoTank but you beat me to it...lol

I've got a few elderly customers that I got brother laser jet printers for and I just usually deliver a toner every 1 to 2 years it seems. If they want color printing then I go with the inkjet brothers as long as I can find them which seems to be easier as of late.

Back