kwest

Reaction score
Tried the following
Quick repair
Online repair
Renamed olmapi32.dll
System restore
Windows updates.

Now I can't uninstall office 2013 or do any of the quick or online repairs and all of the office products won't open.

Thanks for any help you can give.

From first glance, I always run a clean up tool between installs. Run ccleaner then reboot, then try to reinstall the whole mess. Office 2013: Beast.

Well if none of the office products will open at all, I'd create a new Windows user profile.

Is this Win7 or 8?

I was also going to say you should have created a new outlook profile, but you can't do that if it won't even open up at all....

Windows 7

Customer has 9 pop emails all with different settings. I would really like to salvage that but don't think I will be able to. I am going to try a third party uninstalled. Revo is a good one.

I will update you if this works later today.

History of prior versions of Office on the computer?

Did you remove the DLL from the office directory before running repair?

What plugins are in Outlook? Assuming outlook can start in safe mode (Outlooks safe mode....not Windows safe mode) for you to see the COM and add-ins.

Yes removed dll and tried new user and safe mode outlook and windows.

Did a remote job earlier on Office 2013. Customer couldn't launch any Office programs at all. This is on a brand new Optiplex with a Office 2013 installation that is less than a month old. Everything was working fine up until about a week ago.

MS has a FixIt to rip out Office - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501/en-us

I used it and it worked perfectly. Reinstalling fixed my particular issue.

Hope this helps!

Microsoft fixit didn't work ad first.

manually uninstalled office with directions from that site

tried to install and a message said that a preview version is on the system it must be removed first and directed me back to the fixit site. (I build the system for the client and it didn't have a preview ever installed)

ran fix it again and this time it uninstalled it.

What a pain in the arse

Providing further details help us help you better.

Where you able to launch Outlook in Outlook Safe Mode? So that you could see if there were any additional COMs 'n add-ins you could uncheck?

safe mode outlook would not work

I got it back and running after manual install then fixit which froze during fixit (stopped it after 30 minutes)

ran reinstall and it works now.

thanks for your help guys. Man I love this forum

Back