OptiPlex 9010 All In One

johnrobert

Reaction score
I was given an OptiPlex 9010 All In One it seems the main boot drive was an M2 that's missing it will boot from SATA but I have to choose F12 each time
Tried changing it in Bios but its locked with an Admin password.

IMG_1741.JPG

Don't think this is an M2 not sure what it is, seems like boot drive was attached to it?

IMG_1738.JPG

Last edited:
That connector is for the CD/DVD drive.

For boot issues you may need to turn off RAID mode for the onboard SATA controller.

Last edited:
Have you tried the simple approach?
Unplug all cables from the mobo, remove the BIOS battery and let it sit overnight?

This should be the password:

Esj9DKd5cxT9x35X

I've unlocked Dells as new as 9th gen using the old hash method. Got a great deal on a Latitude with an Admin password on eBay (sold by a pawn shop) and used this method to clear the password. Got a $900 laptop for $200 this way.

I have done it a few times with jumper. Admin psw is still there, I am wondering if CMOS psw is same as Admin psw.
It would not be much good having an Admin psw if you could defeat it with a jumper with this model it does mean removing about 20 screws.

Clearing the CMOS Password

Locate the jumper on the system board. Remove the jumper from the PASSWORD pin.
Plug the jumper to CMOS_CLEAR. Wait for 3-4 seconds. Replace the jumper to its original position.

will not accept this psw Esj9DKd5cxT9x35X thanks anyway

Last edited:
Sometimes those passwords need the specific date to be set in the BIOS. So you see what date the BIOS says it is, then you look up the master reset code for that date.

I don't have the site bookmarked but there are sites where you can generate the code but it is based on date so if you generate a code today it won't work tomorow.

Back