Need help ASAP - Acronis Issues

Docs IT

Reaction score
I am trying to setup and run complete backup using the Acronis 2012 -see the following error codes

Failed to read data from the disk.
Failed to read from sector '746,230,560' of hard disk '1'.
Failed to read the snapshot. (0x10C45A)
CRC error (0x100155): ⎂Retry/⎂Ignore/Ignore ⎂All/⎂Cancel

More information about this error and solutions may be available online in the Acronis Knowledge Base.
To access the online resource manually, enter the event code at:
Event code: 0x000101F4

Is this error on the hard disk of the Toshiba PC or is the error on the backup Hard drive that was reformatted?

THANKS for the HELP !!!!!!

I would say its an error on the hdd that you are trying to take the backup of - the toshiba pc hdd.

You need to give more information.

Are you running this as a live disk, or installed Via OS? If via OS, just go to disk management and look up what disk is disk 1.

Assuming you are cloning a disk, I would recommend using parted magic live disk to run ddrescue. PCX just did a good intro write up on it.

Last edited:
We had a similar situation about a week ago. Tried all of my programs to try to copy the drive, Acronis, Ghost, ShadowProtect, nothing would work. Ran HDDR and it ran ok until 3/4 way testing the drive... then it found bad sectors and was repairing them. I guess it got tired (HDDR that is) 'cause it stopped running... guess the program just gave up on the hard drive.
Had to install a good hard drive, install the O/S and transfer the files manually and load the programs fresh.

Just can't make a decent hourly wage when you're dealing with a problem like the one we had. Wasted many hours trying to clone/backup that drive to no avail because it was a business client's computer.

Acronis

Use Norton ghost from a boot cd.

(Acronis from a boot cd is also more robust than windows version.)

If bad sectors are detected select option to ignore all bad sectors and continue.

Norton ghost from a boot cd has given me a workable backup and image when everything else failed .

The old hirens 9.5 boot cd had noton ghost included.

If Norton cannot get the info it is time to manual copy as much data as possible and only then run diagnostic tool.

Sometime you only get one go at getting info from a drive ,by the time you have scanned for bad sectors and tried repairing the drive it might be to late.

Backup first then try seagate sea tools .Use long generic option .
If drive fails this I would replace

Back