Need a way for workers to be notified in a new email comes in from a specific sender

@putz with respect you are contradicting yourself. You say hire an email babysitter and the proposed methods that eliminate the need. So long as the person who needs to be notified gets instant notifications and can act on them you have satisfied the OP's request.
Not necessarily. I know what I would do in the situation, but it's not my situation to make the call. OP is requesting ideas so I am trying to help them. I can still disagree with a point and at the same time offer ideas.

I can still disagree with a point and at the same time offer ideas.

Indeed, which is admirable.

But, and it's an important but, sometimes one of those ideas should be, "What in the H*LL are you thinking?" It often amazes me how unwilling those of us who actually know what a mess some of our clients are creating out and out refuse to tell them that, and why. If they persist after being informed, then you have to make the decision as to whether you wish to support them further or not, but at least you know you have given them best practice advice.

Somehow I doubt that. You can mention industries of all sorts without any name-dropping. There are plenty of "I have a client that is a: lawyer, bricklayer, auto dealer, doctor, realtor, etc."
Somehow I wish you and everyone else could respect my desire for keeping the matter private for my client and for myself, and at the same time give suggestions for technical ideas. The size of my market and the nature of their business means that there's really no more than three businesses around here that could be a "lawyer, bricklayer" or whatever.

Somehow I wish you and everyone else could respect my desire for keeping the matter private for my client and for myself, and at the same time give suggestions for technical ideas. The size of my market and the nature of their business means that there's really no more than three businesses around here that could be a "lawyer, bricklayer" or whatever.
I apologize but I think you are overreacting. I have no idea where you are located. Your profile only says USA and I would not have known until now that you live anywhere near a rural area. And the nature of your question is hardly priority proprietary or embarrassing to any business. Responding faster to emails is more efficient and a goal any business would want. And this is also posted on the private side of the forum away from Google and the public. But I apologize if I have given offense.

Edit: spellcheck fail

Last edited:
Incognito page?
All browsers have the function. Basically load a new webpage with zero cookies. So if you're logged into, say TN, on one page you launch a new tab Incognito (Chrome), Private Window (Safari), etc and it will not automatically log you in. I was logged into TN in a normal Chrome session. It's a great way of going to a web page if you've had problems with it in normal mode. But it's not perfect. For instance it doesn't work so well if you want to log into multiple account in Azure, M365, etc.

Sorry Mark, I know what Incognito mode is, etc. But wasn't sure why you're referencing it here. I guess to show that you can find posts here from public / not-logged-in to Technibble accounts?

Sorry Mark, I know what Incognito mode is, etc. But wasn't sure why you're referencing it here. I guess to show that you can find posts here from public / not-logged-in to Technibble accounts?
Pointing out that it is publicly visible so it's completely reasonable to limit/omit customer details.

The only forum that I thought was private (as in not web crawled nor accessible to non-members) is the Technicians Eyes Only forum.
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 8.29.53 PM.png

Anything sensitive to some sort of information I always post in Technician's eyes only, so it's not crawled.

Zapier will help with this. I’m actually surprised they aren’t mentioned more on this forum. Super easy to use to connect all sorts of different things. One of which sends a text notice when specific emails come in. Might be able to do what you need.

Attachments

• 165ADAD2-2AA5-4A48-A493-D38DBB561EC8.jpeg
    165ADAD2-2AA5-4A48-A493-D38DBB561EC8.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 7
I like Pluto and many of the free streaming services but I have patience, unlike my wife, and can wait for things to hit a free service vs picking up a another service even if it is just for a month.

Right now I pay for Disney/Hulu/ESPN, Prime, and Peacock. I am dropping peacock immediately but wife had to watch the new downton movie and $5 for 1 month of peacock was cheaper than any other options to let her watch it. Prime I debate there are added services I use besides the streaming and I do the annual option. I want to drop Hulu but it is tough given it has proven to be pretty good I might push to drop Disney as I am rapidly loosing interest in anything new Disney does. I have a lifetime Plex pass and Plex server so picking up classic Disney to load is quickly becoming more enticing than keeping Disney+.

Enough rambling on a tangent here... This subject is such a back and forth of a tug of war between what should be managed by people vs what should be done through tech. With 2 pages I am still not certain weather there is a reasonable request here or an attempt to force employees to do their job by making it tougher for them to ignore a given responsibility.

Back