[TIP] MSN contacts import to yahoo contacts

coffee

Reaction score
Just had a client call and wanted me to move his contacts from his msn email account to his att/yahoo account. Thought this would be simple. Export msn (thru outlook online) contacts to a downloaded .csv file and then import them to yahoo. However, Yahoo would not work and sat with the spinning circle forever. So, I downloaded the .csv file on my shop computer from his online account and tried again. This time yahoo didnt like the file format. So, I exported to file his yahoo account and compared it to his MSN account. They are spreadsheet type files and the columns are arranged differently.

So, I edited the yahoo .csv file and imported the "first name", "Last Name" and "Email address" columns and then had to remove any blank column cells in the 3 columns and then yahoo liked it.

Just a FYI if you run into this with your customers. The exported MSN file needs to be opened up and the data has to be manually imported to the downloaded yahoo .csv file. Then remove or fill in any blank column cells in the three areas. Then you should have no problem.

coffee

Reactions: GTP
Back